Monday, February 2, 2009

OK, OK...Handy, Anyone?

So, on Saturday we had the chance to go hang out with some of our long lost friends, I mean some old friends, wait that doesn't sound good either, our good friends, the Kleins.

(ahh...we just miss you guys!)

We ate at Casa Mia, got a treat at Baskin Robins and then headed back to their house for some games. I have to say that Doug is becoming more of a 'gamer.' He actually liked the games we played. One of which was called 'Handy'.



As you can see from the pictures, it is not your average game. You have all these different colored balls (blue included) and you have to draw cards to see what finger of yours you are going to use with the other persons finger to hold the ball. You just keep doing that until all your fingers are used or until a ball is dropped. Whatever color drops first, loses that ball which also means a point. IT WAS HILARIOUS!!! At one point, my ring finger literally wouldn't move, bend, nothing. I had to keep using my other hand to bend it, and then it would just pop right back to where it was before. Yeah, I guess you just had to be there!! My fingers were a little sore the next day.

We did have a fabulous time with Kyle and Allison and hope to be able to do it again soon!! Oh, and thank you to Nicole (their daughter) for being so willing to stay up and take pictures of all our silliness!!!





3 comments:

AJ said...

Looks like you had a great time. Speaking of old friends I found your blog today off of someone else's blog. I tried to email you about a year ago when I found your email address and it came back. I was sad that we had lost touch. I was so excited today when I came across some Giffords and could not believe my luck when it was you. I can't beleive that you have 4 kids. They are so cute. We are still in Colorado and when we went to the Sand Dunes National Park this summer I thought of you guys. You can catch up with us at www.jewkesfamily.blogspot.com and Jeff at jeffjewkes.com. My email is gingersnapjaz@gmail.com. So drop me a line when you have a free moment. Take care. Andrea Jewkes

RR said...

Clar..when will I see your girls from the children's museum on here?? You know I check yours daily. Do you want to go to a movie this Friday. oh wait you have something going on this Friday. What about Saturday?

Gena said...

Hey. I found your blog and just wanted to say hi, if you even remember me? Dance Festival... :) Our blog is bobbinbuies.blogspot.com