Tuesday, December 2, 2008

B.A.
(Blogaholics Anonymous)

My name is Clarissa Gifford, I am 28 years old, and I am a Blogaholic! I have been suspecting this for some time now. I thought I might have a problem when I realized that I looked at my life in terms of blogging. Anything and everything that happens, I would think, "OOH, I should put that on my blog," and then I would start writing the story in my head. There was also a sense of sadness when I didn't have anything to blog about. Well, it has only gotten worse. I came to the absolute conclusion that I have an addiction during my last blog entry. You see, I had woke up Saturday morning pretty sore and tired and had a massive sore throat. I wanted to just brush it off because I thought it was mostly because of going riding on Friday. Well, some pretty severe symptoms started to develop and all I could think of was posting to my blog about Thanksgiving and riding. I kept having to stop to regain my thoughts, rest my head and focus. My husband said, "Go to bed, you don't HAVE to blog!" I was like, "what did you just say?" Towards the end of the post...I was typing with trembling hands and blurry vision. When I was finally finished, I rushed to get into my bed!! I was shivering with terrible cold chills and feeling weak and tired all over. I had a fever of 101.9. I stayed in bed the rest of the day not really being able to pick my head up off the pillow. Needless to say, I was miserable. We spent most of Sunday in the ER (because there is no urgent care open on Sunday mornings) and filling prescriptions for me and the rest of the family for strep throat. Not how I wanted to spend my Sunday!!
But here's the thing...I am not completely better, my kids are super sick now, I am running on about 6 hours of sleep over the past two nights, the house is in complete disarray, I have a ton of stuff to get done and I am here blogging! Yes, my name is Clarissa Gifford and I am a Blogaholic.

7 comments:

Heidi said...

Can I join your BA group? ;0)

I hope you get feeling better... I haven't seen you for a whole week & I miss you!! Let me know if you need any extra help getting ready for Friday, okay? You can't afford to stress out over this one.

Susie Q said...

I can admit that I too am ablogaholic. Its an addition that that has no cure. Its a good thing our kids give us plenty to blog about. Seriously what would we write about otherwise?

Kate said...

Okay- I'm totally laughing because I just posted a comment about you on Traci's blog... and that was BEFORE I read your post. You'll have to take a look :) Hope you feel better. And HA.. I got a comment in before YOU Traci!! :)

Ron & Jill said...

Okay girl you have an appt with Bishop L for Thursday @ 7:oo. Heidi and Susie Q should probably come along as well. There is help though so things will be fine. :)
Get feeling better soon. I'll bring ya some soup tomorrow.
Love ya, JILL

neecy said...

Hello, my name is Dennese. I've had my 'issue' for about a year now. It started pretty innocent, you know the first 6 months seemed casual enough. Now, I keep losing sleep because I just have to do it! I knew it was bad when I wouldn't let my starving family eat Thanksgiving dinner until I had a good picture to post!

Heidi said...

Welcome Dennese! Would you like to come Thursday night, too? ;0)

The Shelton's said...

Okay Kate, are we being silly or what?! You're such a dork!! And my Clarissa girl, I'm so sorry you're so sick. Why didn't you call me so I could console you? You rest up because I need you in tip top shape when I come home in a few weeks. Oh, and if you're starting a BA group where can I sign up? My life revolves around the blog. Love ya!!