Saturday, November 29, 2008

How we spent "Black Friday"

So, this year I opted not to do the whole shopping thing. I went last year and it was pretty fun...I just didn't feel like it this year. I am sure that it was fabulous for those who did go. Well, very last minute I was able to go riding with my husband over in Shelton. I haven't been in a really, really long time. But, it's just like riding a bike...



It seems like it takes forever to get everything going...
Doug doesn't mind changing in front of everyone. He says..."We're all dudes!"




Doug and his brother Rob

On the way there we had to stop at WalMart to get a new battery for my quad. Once they figured it all out...it ran great!


Jeff and (daughter) Heather Layton...Doug's cousins



Rich and Wes


Ben McBride and his dad


ME!!

We ended up having to stop several times for different things. Waiting for people to catch up (ME!), Rob had to air up his tire like every 20 minutes, someone getting hurt (But not too bad)...you know, the normal riding stuff.


Taking a break and waiting for Rob! Dang tire!


Heather, super cutie and only 13 years old, was a pro on her 200. And since her and I were the only girls there...we had to show our toughness!!


I know...we are dorks!


There were some pretty steep hill climbs. You can't really tell by the picture. Next time, Doug wants me to try and get more action shots!!



When we finally found our way back...which took a really long time, Wes pointed out this sign. OOPS!!
We had a blast!! I was wet, cold, and muddy! I loved riding through the big mud puddles!
I am sore and very tired this morning! But it was a great "Black Friday"!!
Thanks to my mother-in-law, Eileen for watching the kids!

4 comments:

Susie Q said...

Sounds like fun. Maybe next year Brian and I can come with our new Rhino!

Heidi said...

That does look fun. Makes me miss my quad... a lot. :0(

Susie, you guys are getting a Rhino?!

Stacie said...

I'm so jealous. I'm glad you had fun. I loved those rides and playing in the mud. Maybe again someday...

Rene said...

I'm so jealous! That looks like tons of fun! Way better than shopping! (which I did and enjoyed but still... you had WAY more fun!)