Tuesday, November 11, 2008

The GIANT Chicken

Maybe the fact that I am blogging about a chicken shows just how desperate I am to have something to blog about. Nothing really has been going on this past week...so I am writing about a very large, stuffed chicken.

Last night we headed over to the Lambert's house to wish sweet Jill a happy birthday. We visited for a while...checked out a few blog pages...(wink wink) and the kids played with all the different things they have around their house. Now, many of you know of this particular chicken. It has been displayed in the Lambert's home for several years now, after they won it at a fair or something. Well, apparently they are sick of it! They have tried to pawn it off on a few different people but it hasn't worked...until now. They asked me if we wanted it and I was like, "What are we going to do with that thing?" Then, they approached the kids with it. At first Jillian just wanted the "baby" chicken, because yes, they had a baby one. Then her and Savannah decided that the big chicken was cool. I can't believe that we came home with it!

The kids have not stopped playing with it since. It is their new favorite playmate. They have dragged it all over the house, wrestled with it, layed on it, fought over it, last night Jillian insisted on sleeping with it, and Savannah is sleeping with it today during nap time. It does make for a pretty interesting shape underneath their covers.

So, thanks Lambert's for giving us your chicken! I don't know how long it will survive my children, but I do know it will be loved!!


4 comments:

Heidi said...

That's awesome!! Love the pics... Your girls are so photogenic. :0)

The Shelton's said...

Winner, winner, chicken dinner!! I must say I absolutely hate stuffed animals. And it's as if my children are magnetically drawn to them!! Before you know it they seem to multiply and take over the bedroom. Love you!!

Susie Q said...

That would make a great white elephant gift. Are we having a party this year? hint hint!

Clarissa said...

I was thinking the exact same thing!!