Wednesday, December 31, 2008


I did it!!!
As most of you know, several months ago, President Hansen gave us a challenge. He challenged us to get a new copy of the Book of Mormon and read it. But read it and mark it with the intent of giving it to someone else. What an amazing challenge. A little scary, but amazing. I, along with my friend Heidi took the challenge. I started in October and finished it this morning.
It has been an incredible experience for me. I have read it before...but this time was different. I was reading it through the eyes of someone else. From the beginning I knew who I was going to give it to. Every verse I marked everything I read, was for her. That had a huge effect on me.
~~~~~~
Well, reading was the easy part. Now I have to actually give it to my person. In the next few days I will. My nerves get shaky just thinking about it. I don't know how it will go, but I do know that I won't be alone when I hand her this amazing book.

2 comments:

Stacie said...

Congrats!!! I finished it too :)

Anonymous said...

Way to go! It feels great to read it with purpose. Why do we get so nervous about sharing it? I'm the same way. Happy New Years!