Monday, January 26, 2009

Visiting the Shelton's


Of course, since we were in Spokane I could not possibly leave without seeing my fabulous girl Traci and her family. We got there Friday afternoon and were just able to hang out, relax and eat all the yummy food they made for us.


OK...Traci was sure to let my know just where I was allowed to take pictures of her.


Here.


Here.


Here.



And...here!


We ended up being sort of the party crashers. It just so happened to be Reagan's 1st birthday on Friday. So, we were able to join in on the festivities. She was in awe of the candle burning and just wanted to touch it. She did enjoy the cupcake...as did the rest of us.




After Todd and Traci put the kids down, we settled on a game of Hand and Foot, or, as we were told, is a form of Canasta (but I kept calling it Ca-nasty, just for fun). Now, those of you who know Doug, know that he is not the biggest fan of games. He was a little hesitant at first, but was a good sport about it. We had a great time. We laughed so stinkin' hard...it was fantastic. The boys did end up beating us girls, but we let them win. We figured that we could handle being the losers better than they could. Doug liked it a lot more than he thought he would. It did help that he was on the winning team. Oh, Traci...all I have left to say about that night is..."because there is a bone in it!!!!"


(You know I love ya!)



The next morning after a delicious batch of pancakes, it was Wii time!! We started with a game of bowling. I think that is my favorite of the sport ones...well, that and boxing but we didn't play that one.




Everyone proved to have some pretty good bowling skills. Mine came after figuring out Todd's technique. Thanks for sharing Todd.





Doug got pretty into it...to bad I beat him at this one!!




OK...so let me explain this picture. When we were done with bowling, we switched to baseball. I was mostly just watching, but then wanted to 'take a swing at it.'
Well, I went to hit the ball and swung a lot harder than necessary. Unfortunately the wii controller was not securely fastened to my wrist, and it sort of flew out of my hands. And into Traci's shelf. The remote came apart and landed in a couple of different places. It was really really funny. But I felt terrible. I was just glad that it had missed the television...not by that much, but it did miss the television. I am sure that next time I come to visit, they will be a little hesitant about letting me play.

Notice in this picture that the strap is placed securely around my wrist!!!



Apparently, I get too involved when I am playing these kind of games. It looks like I am about to hit Marcus in the head. I missed that too. Thank goodness.



Us girls decided that we had had enough Wii, but the guys just couldn't pull themselves away. They decided to play a round of very exciting gulf. It was exhilarating, really. (Gulf clap). I think that it is now one of my favorite sports.


(I am being extremely facetious)




Of course, the time came to say goodbye. We had such a wonderful time with the Shelton's and hope we didn't bore them too much. Thanks for letting us stay with you and for making us laugh. Miss your face, Traci!!

4 comments:

Michelle said...

It looks like you all have a blast. I am always nervous about playing the Wii and letting go of the remote. Like you said it could have been worst! I am sorry that we did not get a chance to see you all over Christmas. With the weather and family our days were FULL.
Love and miss you guys

RR said...

No pix of your other friends you visited??

Kate said...

Loved the pics! So funny :)

The Shelton's said...

hey boner,
love the pics, except for the one of my fat ass. i thought we had talked about where it was okay to take my picture. we'll have to go over it again once we meet again. loved having you here, miss you already and i'm sorry to tell you that you are officially banned from playing the wii at my house. it wasn't me - my tv requested that you never play again. sorry!! lol!!