Wednesday, January 7, 2009

"The Rains Came Down, and the Floods Came Up..."
Yeah, so you know it's getting bad when the KIRO 7 Eye-Witness news team shows up in your driveway!!!!!
I looked out the window and saw this unfamiliar van. A few guys jumped out with a big ol' camera. So, I grabbed my camera and took a few shots of them interviewing Doug and my father-in-law, Ted. They were here for a little while, filming the massive amount of water running through our property!! We saw Dad on the news just a little bit ago. It's crazy when you are the news!!!
This is the news crew filming Dad and Doug moving our travel trailer to higher ground.
~~~

There were several people that showed up to help my in-laws with moving their belongings up higher. Don Boren, The Epley's, Wayne and Bishop Lambert all were helping with that and sandbagging. We are so blessed to be surrounded by people who care so much about us. Our phone has been ringing off the hook all day with concerned family and friends. Thank you all so much for your thoughts and prayers. We love you all!!


6 comments:

RR said...

the pix make it worse than I thought it was. I guess it gives the kids something fun to play in. We are praying for your home.

Heidi said...

I still can't believe how fast that happened... my car was parked in the middle of that lake just the night before! Thanks for taking such cool pictures. That's crazy... I'm just glad you guys are okay, and hopefully that was the worst of it...

Susie Q said...

Wow! When my mom said it was raging I had no idea. I pictured a little section of water running in front of Eileen's house but "oh my gosh!" I'm so glad you guys are O.k. This brings new meaning to "The river runs through it."

Rene said...

Ugh! I'm so sorry Clarissa! We're happy to help if you need it... when we can get to you. Right now I think we're stranded. I tried to get into town a little bit ago and all the roads that I know of to take are closed. I hope your home is safe!

Clarissa said...

Thanks, everyone! We are just fine and safe. The river has gone down so much. Please focus your thoughts and prayers with everyone else...they need it!

RR said...

Can you show us updated pictures?? I am wondering about the back yard.