Friday, March 20, 2009

No More Sleepovers!
~
Sadness loomed throughout our house the other night when I had to inform Savannah that she and Hunter could no longer have sleepovers.
I knew that she would be upset over this, but I was not prepared for the emotional outburst that occurred. She was so upset that she was having a hard time breathing, lips turning purple and everything. I tried to explain to her the whole boy/girl thing. She wasn't having it. It broke my heart when she came at me with (while sobbing)..."But me and Hunter are best friends for life. We want to see each other every single day!"

You have to understand something about these two. They are so touchy, mushy with each other. Heidi and I are constantly catching them practically sitting on each other, resting their heads on each others shoulders, etc. They are almost attached at the hips. It is just getting to that time when curiosity might get the best of them. Heidi and I made this decision about a week ago. It was confirmed to me last night that it was a good idea. I was telling the kids that daddy and I were going to get massages tonight. They asked what they were and then Savannah said..."Oh yeah, I know. It's when you get your body rubbed by someone else. Hunter and I did that once to each other." YIKES!!!!!!!! You should have seen the way Doug and I looked at each other. We don't want a repeat of the 'naked game.'
So, definitely, no more sleepovers!

7 comments:

Susie Q said...

I agree thats its probably time to end the sleepovers. She will survive and hopefully they dont have any sleepovers in highschool!

Stacie said...

So far my girls have remained mostly repelled by boys. I'm sure that won't last though. I think it's cute that Savannah and Hunter are such good friends. It will be interesting to watch their relationship as they get older. It's sad but I think I'm definitely with you on no more sleepovers.

Ali said...

Yikes is right! They'll survive. It is cute though.

The Gifford's said...

Hi Clarisa - I stumbled on your blog after I googled to see how far down google our blog would show up. We are also "The Giffords", a family of 3! Just wanted to say hi. I love the look of your blog. I'm still very new at it so hopefully I will get mine looking nice someday too. I did a new post today and it took me an hour!!

So funny about your little one and the sleepover's. My son has had a sleepover here and then one at his "girlfriend's" house. They have basically been "babysitting" sleepovers, but they weren't as "in love" as your two!! I often wonder what they will think of these stories when they are adults. At least they are loving children, which must be a reflection of the relationships they see at home!

BJ Barnes said...

They are both such cute children! I'm sure right now she feels like her world has just bottomed out, but remind her that she and Hunter are still friends, and will still be seeing each other! :)
It makes you wonder how they'll view each other when they get older. :)

Heidi said...

For some reason, your blog posts haven't been showing up on my Google Reader... I totally missed this one! You never told me about her lips turning purple or about the massages!! Yikes is right!!!

I should email you the pictures I took of them cuddling on your couch last week. Those would be perfect for this post. ;)

McBride family said...

poor savannah! how is hunter doing without his girl?