Wednesday, March 4, 2009

*CoLoRAdo*
This past weekend I was able to go to Grand Junction (all by myself) and surprise my brother, Kash, for his 30th birthday.
Brace yourselves....I took a lot of pictures.
My sister Tiffinie, picked me up from the airport and then we headed over to Kash's. I couldn't wait. I knocked on his door....and was greeted with a few words and one of the biggest and tightest hugs I have ever received. It was so tight, I thought I was going to vomit.
Later that evening, my mom, little sister, Kira and her family arrived from Alamosa. Unfortunately, my brother Paul and his family and my sister Anissa didn't make it.
The following day (Friday, Kash's actual birthday) we headed to the mall....of course. You can't get the Henry's together without going shopping. This time, it was Kash's idea though. He was on a mission to buy a pair of Doc's.

We got hungry...
There was this little place that served pretzels, but more importantly, pretzel bits. Oh My Goodness. They were soft pillows of warm, buttery deliciousness. Everyone loved them.

Kash and Cody

Jesse, Asher and Kira

My mom, Iris and Dylan.

Landon
After the mall, thankfully Kash and Cody decided that Dylan was tired and needed to take a nap. Which worked out perfectly because we needed to go get things set up for the surprise party. Kash thought that his party was going to be on Saturday...and he wasn't that happy about it. But it was planned for Friday the whole time.

Me (a.k.a. Xanadu) and my niece, Shyanne


Kira, making last minute repairs to the quilt she made for Kash.

Shyanne and Todd

Tiffi and mom slaving away in the kitchen to make some of Kash's favorite foods. Homemade chicken and noodle soup, hot wings and pizza pockets. Interesting combination.
But absolutely delicious.

Shyanne

Logan

Daphne


After the decorations were all put up, the food was done, the guests arrived....finally Kash showed up. I think that he knew what was happening, seeing as all the guests just parked in front of the house. It was still fun though.


"I'm the Birthday Boy!"

Asher and Dylan...showing some love, sort of.

Mommy and Shyanne


Kash really liked the quilt that my legally blind sister made. I can't even make one with my 20/20 vision. (well, maybe not 20/20 anymore).


"What's Wrong, Little Pookie?"
I got Kash this little book that I think is one of the cutest stories I have ever read. I'm going to have to get one for us now.

Loves for the mom.

Happy Birthday, Kash!
I know that it was his best birthday ever...he told me so!!

The next day I think the boys needed to get out some energy. Must have been from all the shopping.



Me and Daphne

Todd and Tiffinie have a person that has lived with them for 14 years. His name is Steven. He has some mental disabilities. He has become a part of the family.
He said that he had never hit a pinata before...crazy! So, he was the first to take a whack at it. He did really well, and I think he enjoyed it.


Daphne
Dylan

Landon

Asher

Logan

Of course...Kash got the last whack and destroyed it.

The next day...after church it was time for a little "Heart and Soul"

I had to show everyone my own version. It's a little jazzy. It rocks.

The woes of braces...
I warned Tiff that she had food stuck in hers.


My mommy and me.


Love you mom!!

Silly!


Me and my little sis...Kira.

Sweet baby, Asher.


Tiff and Dylan

More rough-housing.


Kash's pouty face.





After about a million pictures...it was time to say goodbye to my mom, Kira and her family. I think it was the longest goodbye in history.

Kira and her Asher.

Tiffie

Landon and Me.

Me and Logan.

Daphne would say that Uncle Kash is so silly.

Dylan and Cody.

That night, after a very yummy dinner of chicken fried stakes, we decided to play a game. "Would You Rather."
It ended up being a very interesting and thought provoking game. I think more for the adult crowds. Although during one challenge, Logan had to act like a marionette and dance around. Tiffinie and I thought it appropriate to sing the the song from Pinoccio 'I Got No Strings.' It would have been better if we had known the words though.

The next morning came really fast. I had to be up at 4 to get ready and be at the airport in time. I was really really glad that I was able to go spend time with my crazy, silly and wonderful family. And I will admit, that it was some much needed time away.
We all know that momma needs a break sometimes!!

5 comments:

Heidi said...

Awesome. Loved looking through all the pictures - definitely not too many. Looks like you had a blast! :0)

Ali said...

So glad you had such a good time! It's always nice to be with family.

The Shelton's said...

What the heck! You leave the state and don't even tell me!! I think I am now sad.

RR said...

Your sis tiff is really really pretty.

Tiffinie said...

I miss you already sissy, by the way RR thanks!!