Friday, March 27, 2009

FIRST TIME DONOR!


Yesterday was a really busy day. Grocery shopping, hair cut, baseball practice, parent/teacher conferences, and then giving blood. I have never given blood before. Doug has...several times. So I decided to give it a shot this time. We almost didn't make it. We walked in and they were shutting things down. But, Bishop was there and so he talked them into taking two more. I was a little nervous...but I think I did pretty good. In fact, the nurse told me that I was a natural. I guess that means I need to go back next time. Everyone that was there was so nice. Since Bishop practically bullies (I mean, inspires) Doug into doing this....he got to watch the kids while we were going through the entire process. And he played photographer.




I did have to avoid looking at anything they were doing. I didn't want to risk it.


Doug knows the routine...and knows that he needs to lay back. He did amazingly well this time.

Everyone was being very attentive to us and the kids. They put some of those bandage things (with bows) on all of us. Except Payton. No bow for him. The kids loved that they had an endless supply of snacks and juice.
Together...Doug and I saved 6 lives!

6 comments:

Stacie said...

Good job!!!! I'm so proud of you. Maybe we can hang out at the next one :) Makenna had a play so we must have just missed you.

Heidi said...

Wow, you're so brave. I was relieved when I found out I never have to donate blood.

You're having quite the year so far! ;0)

Ali said...

It's almost worth doing it for the bandage with bows! I tried to give blood in college...doesn't every college student...I never had enough blood to give. :(

RR said...

Wow you are my hero! 1 out of 7 people who go to the hosptial need blood. I didn't know people couldn't have enough to give? Doesn't everyone have 10 pints give or take?? Every website on the internet says it takes only a few hours to replace fluid and 56 days to replace red blood cells. If this web thing isn't a good source of info I'm in trouble!

Anonymous said...

Wow...you and your husband are really brave!!! Has your husband lost weight recently? He doesn't look nearly as fat as he used to!

BJ Barnes said...

You guys are so brave! :)
I love the last family photo! :)
Savannah's hair looks so stylish, and I think it makes her look all grown up! :)