Sunday, March 15, 2009

DATE NIGHT
APEX KARTING


Last night, Doug and I had a fabulously fun date. Of course it started out with something to eat...Taco Del Mar, real fancy, I know.

But then the real fun began. We headed to Apex Karting in Tumwater.


They make you wear these 'head socks' under your helmets. Aren't they sweet looking?


After going through the race 'briefing,' we went to get our helmets. I was pumped when I saw that they did indeed have jumpsuits. I was the only person brave enough to sport one. I had to get the whole experience. I am actually really glad that I did, cause during the races, it was super cold. So, the jumpsuit helped keep me nice and toasty.

This was pretty much the only time that I was in front of Doug. HE SMOKED ME!! Lapping me...almost twice. He was a little more lenient on me the second race and made it more fun letting me pass and then passing me back. Unfortunately, we were the only two during our races. Which didn't make it too competitive for Doug.

GO...SPEED RACER!


The guys that work there were super nice. They took pictures of us racing without me even asking them to.



We had so much fun. I think that we will definitely be back. Hopefully next time Doug will have a little better competition.

5 comments:

The Shelton's said...

Hey girl! That looks like a ton of fun. Miss you and your face is so cute without braces!

Susie Q said...

Looks like you guys had a fun time. Poor Doug, he didnt have anybody to compete with.

Rene said...

That looks like so much fun! We should do a girls night and go! FUN!

Heidi said...

I'm all for the girls night idea!! That looks AWESOME! I thought you guys had just gone to one of those lame outdoor ones, but that place is WAY better.

Oh, and I also agree with Traci - I'm loving your smile without braces. :D

Stacie said...

I've heard about this place. It sounds like a blast. I would love a date night or a girls night out to do something fun. I'm glad you guys had a good time.