Friday, January 27, 2012

Progress and Boredom

Progress.  Last week my doctors office was closed on account of the weather, so I've been stuck not knowing where my progress stood with this whole delivery thing.  My curiosity was satisfied yesterday.  I am dilated to a 3 and still 80% effaced.  The doctor said he wouldn't be surprised if he saw me in the hospital this weekend...I would be surprised if he does.  My body likes to take it's time, so I'm not banking on going into labor yet.  My husband, on the other hand isn't shy about wanting to get things going, with his numerous suggestions on what we should do.  Any guesses what his number one suggestion is??


(Here are a few pictures my husband took of me. Traci wanted black and white shots to display at my baby shower.  I think he did a pretty good job!  I am 37 1/2 weeks in these.  And I feel about 42 weeks!
It's funny, when you are taking pregnant pictures that your hands automatically go to your belly.)



Boredom.  So, now I'm just waiting.  Trying to be patient and endure the pain that is taking over my body and robbing me of sleep.  I have things ready.  I've been keeping up with the housework and laundry, which in and of itself is pretty miraculous!  I do need to scrub my bathtub though, which I am totally stoked about.  Now that I am no longer the YW pres, there isn't that responsibility of planning my lesson for Sunday or worrying about next weeks activity.  So, I am just here.  Feeling a bit bored and just waiting.  I guess I should just enjoy it while it lasts.  Maybe I'll go read a book.

2 comments:

RR said...

You look totally amazing! I sort of love that preg look..and hate my after belly..so sad!

Call me when the action gets started..DQ as usual! Can't wait to meet her!!

Jaimie said...

Great job on the photo op Doug!! You look amazazing girlie!!