Tuesday, January 17, 2012

All Good Things Must Come to an End...

For the last 2 years and 7 months I have had the honor of serving as the Toledo Ward Young Women's President.  Sunday, I was released.

My heart is a little broken, and I have cried about it several times.  Yep...tears are welling up as I type.  It is so hard to let go of something that you have poured your heart and soul into and has become a part of who you are.  I will say that being released was not a shock.  For a few months now I have had a very strong impression that it would happen.  I think my Heavenly Father knew I would need time to get used to the idea beforehand. I have had such an amazing time with these girls.  There has been so many special, fun, crazy, spiritual, tender filled moments.  Which far outweighed the frustration, stress and anxiety filled ones. 

I never questioned why I was put in this calling.  It came at a time in my life when I needed it most.  To me, it was evidence that my Heavenly Father knew what was happening and knew I needed something to grab onto.  He was holding out his hand, asking me to take it.  It was up to me to grab on.  It took me a little bit, but eventually I did grab on with both hands and have been hanging on ever since.

Along with all the sadness, there is relief and comfort.  The comfort comes in knowing that this is what my Heavenly Father wants right now....(well, Him and my friend Jill!).  And the relief comes because there were a lot of concerns about how I would make it all work when this baby girl arrives.  Now, there isn't a question. Things are the way they should be...no matter how difficult it is...sniff sniff!

It's going to take a while to adjust to not think, dream or worry about the next activity, lesson, Presidency meeting, stake meeting, ward council meeting or each young woman individually.  Even this morning I caught myself wanting to get a hold of my remarkable counselors about what would have been this mornings presidency meeting.  I was very blessed to work with beautiful counselors and secretaries throughout the last few years that really supported, loved and helped me. Love all those ladies so much and appreciate who they are and their love for their callings and the Young Women.

I do have a new calling. I am now 2nd counselor in the Primary. My kids are really excited about that! I'm not worried that the ladies I will be working with will allow me to be (or not be) wherever I need to. I have been in the Primary before and know that I will enjoy all the little kids' sweet spirits.

I know I'm not really letting the girls go.  I'm not going anywhere and I will be keeping an eye on them and worrying about each one.  These girls will always be a part of me. I love them deeply and they will always be my girls...always.  My heart is full of love, memories and a deep gratitude for every single one of them.  It has been a huge blessing in my life to serve these incredible, beautiful Young Women. 

5 comments:

Carlie K said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carlie K said...

Hey I'm #2 in Primary as well. We are now secret sisters. Keep my seat warm on Sundays for me!

Ali said...

Congrats on the new calling. It's so hard to leave a group of kids you've worked with for so long. They will always be yours. The nursery kids I served will always be mine too. A new calling, another chance to love a whole new group and to claim as yours as well. You'll do a great job! Let's face it....a new baby girl is way too distracting in YW. ;)

BJ Barnes said...

You served Well as the Y.W. president! In fact, you were Outstanding!!! :) Those kiddies in primary are so lucky to have you serving them, now!! :) It's a big calling for someone who will soon have a newborn in her arms! :) Wishing you lots of love and fun in your new calling! :)

RR said...

I love primary! I teach but sometimes do the music/play piano!
I love it..

Wish you could help me do music though!