Wednesday, August 4, 2010

For Those Who Can't Swim!
My First Duathlon

When I was doing the Sound to Narrows back in June, my friend Rachel asked if I wanted to do a duathlon with her  (biking and running).  I said a very excited "YES!"  It was to happen only a few shorts weeks later.  Well, I didn't train...AT ALL because of getting things all ready for Dance Festival and my birthday party.  So, it didn't happen.  Well baby, it's happening now.  I found a few that will be taking place locally in September.  I am so pumped.  Does it matter that I haven't been on a road bike in, like...YEARS?  NO!  Does it matter that I have been sick and unable to walk too far without being exhausted?  NO!  Does it matter that while writing this, my hands are sweating and I'm second guessing myself?  NO!  It's on!!



Oh...and from now on during all my races, I will be sporting the ever so fashionable "LiveStrong" wristband  for my mom!

3 comments:

track coach and adorable wife said...

Awesome that you are doing a duathlon! You will have to let me know which one, though I guess I am pretty booked for races in Sept, but maybe we can do one together another month when it gets too cold for me to swim! Let us know if you ever want to bike together!

Ali said...

That's awesome! I did the RS triathlon last summer and I don't swim but I made it dog paddling. :) A duathon sounds like the way to go. Good luck. I hope you're feeling better soon, doesn't sound good what you've got.

RR said...

hey..remind me of the dates and times again. Labor day is the first right in Elma? 2-13-2 right? Bring it on girl!! We do need to ride together soon. R