Wednesday, August 4, 2010

IT'S TIME!




Before we moved down here from Olympia, I had started taking guitar lessons.  I was so thrilled at the prospect of playing and singing and being able to accompany my family around camp fires singing Kumbaya.  OK...maybe too cheesy.  But it has always been a goal of mine to learn how to play this little sucker.  I have talked to a few people, gotten my hopes up when offered lessons but nothing has happened.  Well, having spent the past week in bed and not having much to do, I picked up my dusty old friend and I was hit with an enormous amount of desire to become closer to this musical instrument.  I got on line and looked through websites upon websites.  After finding one that I really liked and felt like was what I was looking for, I signed up.  I am now a guitar student!! YAY ME!! 
Hopefully I will be able to stick with it, not get too frustrated with my lack of coordination and work through the sore finger-tips! 

5 comments:

Heidi said...

Yay!!! Reading this post makes me so happy... I hope you really do stick with it. :0)

Sorry I haven't commented on your blog in absolutely forever... I've gotten really lazy about just reading everyone's blogs in my Google Reader. You know I still love you though!!

Melia Hunt said...

That's awesome! I wish you luck and motivation. I still don't know how to play the guitar all that well and I've had mine since 8th grade. I'm sure you'll be great at it. Can't wait to hear you play ;)
-Melia

BJ Barnes said...

With a beautiful voice like your's, it's good to know how to play guitar to make you feel more like singing for others! :) I'm so happy to hear that you are in the act of learning how! Good for you!!! :)
Even though my guitar now collects dust, I'd be happy to take mine out of it's case and spend some time sharing what I know with you! :) Just putting that out there as a standing offer! :)
Sorry to hear you've been sick. Hope you are well again, soon!

Ali said...

Wahoo! That's something I think my sister will eventually do herself again and I'm trying to talk Kyle into taking lessons right now. He says it's too hard without a pinky.

RR said...

Dave came to my primary class today and played guitar so my kids could sing..

Love guitar playing! Rock on sister!