Monday, August 23, 2010

A PERFECT 10
Hitting Double Digits

I know it's kind of cliche to say "wow, how time flies."  But it really does.  I can't believe that I became a first time mom a decade ago.  Payton has brought so much to this family and I am so proud of him.  I realize that I have spent a lot of time focusing on how crazy he is driving me lately...but he really is an amazing kid. 



For his birthday, he wanted to have some of his friends over and just play and hang out.  So, that's what we did.  They started off with some ds playing (of course) and then headed out to the trampoline.  Thankfully it was a turning into a beautiful day so after lunch (Payton's choice of Pizza), we ventured out to the mighty Newakum River.



AUSTIN, PAYTON, ANDREW and DRAKE
what handsome boys they are!!


I don't know how many times they jumped from the log...
I really loved seeing how much fun they were all having together.  It made me smile to know that Payton was enjoying his day.



  They are all such good boys!!  They didn't seem to mind too much that I kept taking pictures of them!!


















                                                                Fighting the rapids...
          They loved taking turns  letting go of this log and letting the rapids take them to the other side, then they would swim against the rapids to get back.  They were so awesome with each other and encouraging and helping one another.  After about 2 hours out there, they were pretty wiped out.  But they  were deliriously happy. 






Payton isn't that big of a cake fan, so when given the option of having brownies...he went with that.  I know, it's nothing special.  But they were pretty good.  We teamed them up with some mint chocolate chip shakes and everyone was satisfied!!

That night, Payton's new movie "Diary of a Wimpy Kid" was viewed outdoors, lots of chips were consumed and good times were had.  I think we can call the day a success!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PAYTON TROY!!

3 comments:

Heidi said...

I love all the pictures you took!! Drake was excited to see that you got some of them jumping off the log & swimming against the current :0) I'm glad Payton had such a great Birthday!

Susie Q said...

Thanks for sharing the pics.. they looked like they were having such an awesome time. They really are a great bunch of boys and yes oh so handsome. Andrew said payton's party was awesome :)

Unknown said...

I LOVE that first pic of Payton. Look how blue his eyes are. So cute! It looks like they all had a blast at his birthday party. :-)