Wednesday, May 27, 2009

As a surprise for Payton's baseball team, the coaches arranged for them (and the families) to attend a Mariner's game this past Saturday.


As you can see, it was Little League Appreciation weekend. We had to be there at 5 to line up for the parade around the field. Our awesome coach and his wife were in line at 3 so that made it possible for our team to be the first in line...being lead by the Mariner Moose.


(Payton is number 3...the tall one to the right)


Yeah, Doug couldn't resist. I am just glad that I had traded him backpacks before I took this picture. He WAS carrying Savannah's flowered backpack around. Actually, it's too bad I traded him.

Savannah really had no interest in going to the game. But we had an extra ticket so, Bryce, Payton's cousin came along.




Some of the team members.

The best part for Doug was being able to see Ken Griffey Jr. play in a Mariner's uniform again.



It was a perfect day to be at a baseball game. We ended up leaving early because of the time and the fact that in the top of the 8th inning, the Mariner's gave up 5 runs!!!

But it was a really great day. Sometimes it pays to be the parents...cause you get to do a lot of fun stuff too!!!

4 comments:

BJ Barnes said...

It looks like fun was had by all! :) You got some good pic's! :)

The Shelton's said...

Go Mariners!! Last weekend my sister and one of my brothers flew up from Utah just to go to a game because Griffey was playing again. I don't get it, but they went with my parents and they all had a great time. That's one thing I miss about being over here is that we aren't as close to go to games and stuff.

RR said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
RR said...

I'll have to get my old boyfriend Gabby to take us to the game. And then maybe we can have dinner with the team afterwards..HOLLA! I better study up on my Spanish so we can talk to most of them..HA