Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day, MOM!!
~


~
All that you have done for me
I didn't understand
Until I became someone
To hold such little hands.
~
I couldn't comprehend
The worry and the love
A heart could hold and cherish
For the ones sent from above.
~
I couldn't have believed
That I would be the one
To hear voices saying mommy
With each, a life begun.
~
But now, I can look back
And start to see the time put in
Trying to hold it all together
Every day, a race to win.
~
I can see the sweat and tears
That came most every day
And know that there was no one
To wipe all that away.
~
Every day you gave yourself
And every day you tried
To give us what we needed
Your own needs, pushed aside.
~
You woke up and you faced
The struggles and the pain
And you kept right on going
Through the storming, through the rain.
~
I can see more clearly
Just what you had to do
And say with everything in me
My dear mommy, THANK YOU!
~
All that you have done for me
I didn't understand
Until I became someone
To hold such little hands.
~



I love you!

6 comments:

Ali said...

What a beautiful poem!
Happy Mother's Day to you!!

BJ Barnes said...

Very Nice Clarissa!! :) How fun to see you with your mom!! :) Happy Mother's Day to you! :)

Susie Q said...

What a beautiful exspression of the love that you have for your Mother! I agree that you can only appreciate how much your parents love you when you have kids of your own.

AJ said...

That is such a great poem and so true. Hope your Mother's day was as special as you are!

Heidi said...

Wow... you're amazing with words...

The Shelton's said...

Sister, you rock. I can't believe some of the stuff you write!! What a talent you have and thank you for sharing it with us!! I hope you had a good mother's day because you are an amazing mother and I love you!!