Saturday, May 2, 2009

Adventures in Astoria
(and Seaside)
~
At last...something to blog about.

I had almost come to the conclusion that the most exciting thing that had happened in the last two weeks was that I cleaned poop out of the bathroom TWICE in three days. But an unexpected visit from my brother saved me from that being the case.

I heard a little rumor that my brother, Kash, was in town visiting his lady's family. So, I gave him a call and after a long discussion about how we could figure out a way to see each other on such short notice, it was decided that we would take a last minute road trip and meet them in Astoria and then head to Seaside. We pulled the kids out of school early, Doug took half of the day off and we were on our way. It was a pretty nice day, not too warm, but clear and NOT raining.

This sign cracked us up.






We met up with Kash, Cody, Dylan and some of Cody's family in Astoria. Kash had been there with us last time he was here and really wanted to get a better view of the bridge that connects Oregon and Washington. It is an amazing example of architecture.

He is my brother...so he smells a little.

The kids were so excited that they got to see Uncle Kash.

Kash, Cody and Dylan

LOVES!

This is somewhat of a tradition. Every time Doug and I have been to the beach, he writes the same message in the sand.






Savannah was very interested in having some deep conversations with her uncle.




Rough-housing!!





The beach in Seaside.















The Carousel

Isabelle hated it...


The hat store.

















Where's Izzy?




It was a short trip, but a fun one. I am really grateful that I got to see my big brother and his family. And that it gave us a reason for a good family day!!

7 comments:

Heidi said...

Great pictures! Those were fun to look through... glad you guys had such a fun day!! :0)

Kate said...

oh my gosh... LOVE the hats- especially the big hair :)

Susie Q said...

You took some really neat pictures. I'm glad you were able to see your brother!

BJ Barnes said...

I'm impressed that your family managed to make spur-of-the-moment arrangements to go see your brother! That was better than a school field trip!! :) I also loved that you all remembered to have such fun together as a family! :) That hat store is amazing! :) Too fun!! :)

The Shelton's said...

Hey, you found a wig that looks just like me when I wake up in the morning! Aww, shucks.

AJ said...

I so miss the coast and love the pictures of Astoria and Seaside. We too have family there and love our trips to Seaside. It is family tradition to get ice cream no matter what the weather is like. I love the hat pictures. I never let Zac put the hats on as I am sure every other tourist has done the same thing, but you are such a great mom and it shows that you like to have fun!

Anonymous said...

Clarissa, I love your Blog!!!
loe you! Gretchen