Thursday, September 11, 2008

The other day we went to the same spot that we had our engagement pictures taken. We tried to reenact it...it's not as good as the original but that probably has to do with the fact that we had an 8 year old photographer. Thanks Payton!
10 YEARS...ALREADY?


10 years ago today, my husband and I were married. It has been the best 10 years of my life. Doug is an amazing person who inspires me to want to be better. Here are 10 reasons (for 10 years) why I love my husband...



10. He is cool with the fact that I have bodily functions. In fact we have had competitions many times.


9. He doesn't think that I smell bad, ever.


8. He has a great singing voice. We make a great duet!!


7. He works very hard for our family.


6. He makes me laugh all the time...seriously, all the time!


5. He thinks that I am funny. And laughs at all my stupid jokes and remarks. Which most people don't.


4. He makes me feel beautiful.


3. He makes me very happy.


2. He loves me with every bit of himself.


1. He is my very very very best friend.

(There really are hundreds of reasons)

I love you Douglas. Thank you for our life together. Happy Anniversary!



Here is what he wrote me today. I hope that he doesn't mind that I am sharing it.


My Darling,
I can't believe it's already been 10 years since we said "I Do". It seems like only yesterday that my hands were trembling trying to slide that ring onto your finger! I also remember the feeling as we exited the cultural hall and I realized you were going to be mine forever! I will always treasure that memory!

I have so enjoyed watching you grow over the last decade. You have blossomed into a beautiful person, a lovely lady, and a world class mother! I feel so blessed to be your husband. I often find myself wondering when I will wake up from this fairytale. I hope it never happens! You are my sunshine! It is because of you, that I am who I am. And it is because of you, that I want to be better.

Thank you so much for your efforts over the past weeks to let me know how much you love me. I have noticed!!! I am thankful!!! I love you so much!!!

Your Eternal Husband,

Doug



3 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats you guys! Happy 10 years! That was like the sweetest letter ever that Doug wrote you Clarissa!

Heidi said...

That WAS really sweet! You guys are both so great with words. ;) Hope you had an awesome day!!

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!

Stacie said...

That was the best post ever. Isn't it awesome having husbands who will write us letters like that? I'm glad that you shared it.
I hope you had a great anniversary. You guys are the sweetest couple.