Wednesday, September 24, 2008

HOLY...CRAP!
(a potty training story)

So, this morning I gave Jillian and Isabelle a bath. Now, everyone knows how hard it is to find time to read the scriptures, so I took this opportunity to do so. I sat on the lid of the toilet, (so I could keep an eye on the girls) prepared with my red marking pencil. A few minutes passed and I was pretty involved in what I was reading. I looked up and saw that Jillian was placing something outside of the bathtub, onto the bath rug. I got up and inched closer, fearful of what it might be. My fears were realized...it was big chunks of poop!!! AAAHHHHH! Apparently I was so engaged in my quest for knowledge, that I was not paying close enough attention. She was smart enough to not touch it with her bare hands though. She had taken a washcloth and wrapped it around the "stuff" and then dropped it outside the tub. I am so proud.

2 comments:

The Shelton's said...

All I gotta say is that's what you get for being righteous.

track coach and adorable wife said...

I have so been there! Reading in the bathroom only to look up and see Peyton's bath water suddenly looking very brown! Suck!