Tuesday, September 2, 2008




FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL...

Well, it has started. The early mornings, the early bedtimes, the making of lunches, ahhh, the joys of school. Payton and Savannah loved their first day. I was a little apprehensive about how Savannah would do...totally unnecessary. She went into the classroom and didn't even look back. She wasn't sad to see me go, or maybe she didn't see me go. The only one that was sad was poor Jillian. She wanted to go to school too. After I had dropped Payton and Savannah off at their classrooms, she said, "Are you taking me to my class now, mommy?" She started to cry when I told her no. I did get her a backpack which she insisted on wearing most of the day today. She doesn't understand about not being old enough to go. Every time Payton or Savannah mentioned going to school, she would say..."I am going to school too." Just a few more years.

When they got home, they were both full of stories to tell about their first day. I think Savannah is going to handle it a lot better than I thought she would. And Payton is an ol' pro. Second graders are experienced you know.

It is going to be interesting with only the two girls at home. I am hoping to have them take naps at the same time. It worked ok today...I actually took a nap too. I know, it's a miracle.

No comments: