Thursday, July 3, 2008



These are my beautiful kids. Anyone who knew me about 12 or 13 years ago would not have seen this coming. In fact, I didn't see this coming. I think when I was in high school I really didn't see myself even getting married. Apparently, neither did my mom. She has told me that she thought I would be one of those girls who was content with being single for my whole life. Those who know me now, know that I could probably not exist, function or even breathe without my husband.

So, four kids. More than the average family. And we feel that there will probably be more. Our oldest is Payton Troy. He will be turning eight on August 13th. And reminds us of that at least every other day. He is totally out numbered as you can see. He obsorbs any "male bonding time" he can get with his day. He truely is a great big brother. Not always a willing big brother, but a great one none the less. He likes to ride dirt bikes, play baseball, climb trees, get dirty...the typical boy stuff. I look at him and really wonder how he has grown and changed so fast. He is a very sensitive and understanding and intellegent kid. Now, don't get me wrong, he whines, and complains, and smells bad sometimes, but he is a really remarkable boy.

Savannah Marie is our five year old who thinks that thirteen is a good age for her to be a mommy, cries at the drop of a hat (or the sight of a misquito). She loves to help me do the dishes, take care of her sisters and just be a girl. She is very loving and cuddly. But she is sneaky about cuddling. Doug and I will be sitting somewhere and then all of the sudden she is just on our laps. She likes to play with her brother as long as when they are playing with dirt bikes, there has to be a mom, a dad, and a baby dirt bike. She has been telling her dad and I that we are "the best mom/dad in the world." I always tell her thank you, but the other day I said, "Well, I am sure there are a lot of other mommies that are much better than I am." Her response was quick and very sure. "But to me you are." I love her.

Since I already wrote about "little miss trouble," (which she does call herself). I will move on to Isabelle Grace. She is almost ten months old and full of smiles, giggles and chubbs. This girl can light up a room in an istant. She has started dancing, and pulling herself up to things just so she can stand on her own. She like to slap my skin (she likes the sound) and she like to pinch. It really does hurt. She plays shy and is a momma's girl. All my kids are huge blessings, but Isabelle is my personal miracle. I like to consider her my little life saver.

No comments: