Friday, April 17, 2009

"Let's Go to the Movies..."


One of Savannah's birthday presents was movie passes. She has been wanting to go see the new Hannah Montana movie since seeing the million trailers for it on TV. Well, last night her and I went on a little mommy-daughter date. (I know, on a school night!!)


After getting our tickets and yummies to enjoy, we headed into the theater. I had noticed a group of about 6 girls earlier and figured they would be seeing the same movie as we were. Throughout the movie I could hear them whisper and giggle about this and that but mostly about how cute Hannah's love interest in the movie was. It reminded me so much of what it was like to be a teenager. Not that it was that long ago...but long enough.


I will admit that I really enjoyed the movie. It was really cute and the music was great. At one point Savannah asked me, "Mom, can the people on the screen see us?" I smiled and told her no. "But he was just looking right at me." It was cute. She then told me a little later that she wished she was Hannah Montana. I told Doug about that this morning. We talked about what it was like to want to be someone else when we were younger. Sometimes I miss the innocence of that time in my life. It is so strange and somewhat surreal to witness my kids doing the same things I did. I know there is so much more of it to come.



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful little girl!!! Her mom's not bad either!

BJ Barnes said...

Fun times! :) I especially love Savannah's question about if she can be seen by a particular person in the movie! :) I love the innocence of that! :)
I've always thought Savannah was pretty, but I can't get over how becoming her new hair cut is on her! :)
All your kids are lookers! :) You and Doug are going to have your hands full in a few more years! :) Holler if you need us to come over with the shotgun! :) grin

Susie Q said...

I'm glad you got to go out on a date with Savannah, Looks like fun:)

The Shelton's said...

Hey girl. First of all, who the hell is anonymous and why are they being creepy. Hey anonymous, you're being creepy, knock it off! Second, Happy Birthday Miss Savannah!! She is so adorable. I miss your face and I am so glad my computer is fixed so I can blog again! Love ya!