Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Happy Easter!
April 12, 2009
*A Gifford Family Easter Sunday Photo Shoot*
Warning...
Rated PG for content
(some photos include snotty, screaming, scary faces)

















This Easter was very laid back. A bit lazy I guess you could say. Because of the fact that Jillian decided to show the other kids what I (I mean the Easter bunny) was bringing them already, I wasn't too sure about what to do about it. Should I take everything back and get all new stuff? Or should I just risk them finding out the truth? I risked it. After a long couple of days, I realized Saturday night that I wasn't even sure the kids had baskets this year. I felt like a great mother. So, in my creativity (and borrowing the idea from my sister-in-law) I decided to not do baskets. I sent them on a hunt instead. I stayed up late and stuffed all the eggs and hid them and the other things. When the kids woke up....there was some confusion as to where the Easter treasures were. But, the Easter Bunny had left them a little poem to guide them as to what to do.
~
HAPPY EASTER
To all the Gifford Children
On this lovely Easter day
Some gifts from the Easter Bunny
That hopped along your way.
~
I know that you expected baskets
To be found here on the table
But I thought I'd do different
A hunt...if you are able.
~
If you look real closely
In some rooms around your home
You will find some treasures
That I hid while I did rome.
~
There are 4 different colors of eggs
That were put in different spaces
You can only get your color
Leave the others in their places.
~
Isabelle has the yellow
Jilli, purple is for you
Savannah has the pink ones
And Payton, yours are blue.
~
I will tell you now
You'll find more than just the eggs
So be sure to share what you find
No matter what your age.
~
So, Happy Easter kiddos
Enjoy and have some fun
Now hop hop hop along
Your Easter has begun.
~
With Love,
The Easter Bunny
~
So, after the poem was read, I was getting excited for the kids to start. I got out of bed all ready to help and then the questions from Savannah. "Mom, what about all the stuff that was in your closet? Do we get those things too?" I didn't know what to say. Do I just admit what they will eventually find out anyway, or do I play like I don't know what she is talking about? I played it off. "What stuff are you talking about?" She came over to my closet and started digging around. She said, "All of it is gone." "I am not sure what you are looking for, but lets go do some hunting," was my response. Not another word or question was said about it. I think in the excitement of it all, they just didn't care.


It ended up being a very wet day. The girls hid under the umbrella on the way to the car after church.

7 comments:

Gretchen said...

It's always such fun seeing your family. What wonderful moments you've captured!

Susie Q said...

Clarissa, no matter what you think of yourself as a mother I think you are a great mom and more importantly your kids love you to death. We may not always have the time to do things the way we anticipated but as you found out a little improvation can go a long way in making wonderful memories for your kids! Keep up the good work.

Stacie said...

Clarissa, you are amazing. I love the poem. I use to think I was good at poetry and taking pictures but I'm thinking it was all in my head. What a great idea to hide everything and set it up the way you did. I agree with Susie, you are a great Mom. All of the kids are beautiful.

BJ Barnes said...

What a genious ideah to save the day!! :) I loved the poem, especially the verse about each child having a certain color that is there's! :) The dresses and sweaters are breath-taking, as are the lovely little women wearing them!! :) Payton looks so handsome and patient with his sisters! :) I loved the whole thing! :) Late happy Easter Giffords!! :) Hugs! :)

RR said...

Hey I didn't even do the Easter Egg basket candy thing for Olvia. I think its stupid but I really will be the worst mom on earth if Olivia figures out she's missed another american candy obsessed holiday. Why can't we find candy tombs or chocalate figures of Christ..is that weird?

RR said...

I'm surprised Paytons in black. I thought boys and girls had to wear pink on Easter?? I'm totally kidding.

neecy said...

Thanks for treating us to more of your fabulous poetry. You're so creative!