Friday, October 7, 2011



Yep, that's how I have felt the last couple of days.  I hate to blame it on the simple fact that I am pregnant...but I'm going to anyway.  Frankly, I have no other reason.  I just feel sad
I was having a discussion with my husband last night about how grumpy I had acted yesterday morning.  I knew I was grumpy.  I heard myself snap at the kids.  I felt the unnecessary tension in my body and the scowl on my face.  I fought back the tears.  And yet...I didn't stop being grumpy.   

During this conversation with the hubs, I started to really think about how difficult being pregnant is.  It feels as if it takes me over.  I try to be as normal as possible because I don't want to be a crazy prego lady.  But goodness gracious, that is almost impossible.  So, when I am a crazy prego lady, it makes me feel terrible and then I feel sad about how I acted.  It's a vicious cycle.  I wish that I felt like I had more control over it. 

Now add to the insane emotions, the body issues.  Oh my goodnes, the body issues!  I know I am pregnant.  I know that changes happen.  This is my 5th pregnancy.  Believe me, I KNOW!  And I know this isn't permanent for me (cause I will work my tail off after this baby comes.)  But...I still hate it.  I hate that I can feel my thighs rubbing together when I walk.  I hate that I have to wear layering sweaters to hide my muffin top love handles. I hate that my face if filling out.  I hate that my legs are swelling to an uncomfortable size every day.  I hate that I hang out with my friends and their non-pregnant bodies and it makes me feel like an amazon woman.  And most of all, I hate that it bothers me so much and that this has so much effect on my happiness.  It makes me so sad. Oh, how I wish it didn't.  And then...I just stay sad.  I wallow in it.  Even when I am doing a million other things, the sadness is still there.  How ridiculous do I sound?  How womanish do I sound?  I get so frustrated with myself I want to punch something.  (Like a pillow, cause I would rather not brake my hand or anything.)

.DEEP BREATH.

 A baby.  That's what will come of this.  Another beautiful little girl.  A blessing.  I know that.  And yes...it is worth it.

  It's just hard and uncomfortable and one giant emotional roller coaster.  One that I will be riding for at least the next 4 months.  HA!  Who am I kidding?  As soon as this one ends, I'll be jumping on the next one.  Hello POST PARTUM!

7 comments:

Ali said...

I'm sad you're sad and chocolate really doesn't fix this one. At least you know, with that knowledge you can be in a little more control....even if it's just a little. Good luck, you're in my prayers. By the way, you're the most gorgeous pregnant woman I've seen.

~ My 3 sOnS ~ said...

Honey! I just LOVE you,you are so incredibly wonderful and the most gorgous preggo I have ever seen. You do it with style!! You are definatly NOT a frumpy mom!!! Embrace your love handles and remember you have the best excuse to have them:) I cannot wait to meet your beautiful new baby!!!! Lets get together one day next week!! Love you!!!

Carlie K said...

So you should know I have a punching bag and can take a good hit, I even have a mouth piece and have taken hits from my husband and bigger, bring it girl. You don't scare me!

BJ Barnes said...

Clarissa, what mom can't relate to what you've described! It's been over 20 years since I've carried a baby in my body, but I can still remember and relate! :)
You carry your babies well, in spite of what you say, and are gorgeous! :) Would that all mothers could be so blessed! I never was! My round face got even rounder and reminded me of the Pillsburry (sp?) Dough Boy! :)
When I get down, I start counting my blessings and it lifts those clouds away every time! :) Sending you an air hug! :)

Clarissa said...

You guys are so sweet to say such nice things to an overly emotional pregnant lady! I really appreciate it! I'll just keep reading your comments over and over to make myself feel better.

And thanks for taking my moaning and complaining about nonsense things so well!!

RR said...

Hang in there Sis!

Jaimie said...

I'm so sorry that you are SAD! Just know we've all been where you are! I agree with Ali, you are the most beautiful pregnant lady ever!!
If it makes you feel better, I still hate my muffin top love handles, my thighs rubbing together, hanging out with skinny friends, etc. and I'm not pregnant! :o)
Love ya!! ((HUGS))