Monday, October 3, 2011

IT'S ART...


It's actually purple nail polish.  All over my bathroom wall.
I bet you are wondering which one of my children did it.  If I were you, my first assumption, along with most others would be, the lovely mischievous Jillian Clair.  This is totally up her alley, right?  Lately one of her favorite things to do is stick her little fingers in the wax of my Scentsy burners and then leave a trail of dried wax behind her.  And she has loved filling bottles with water.  The conditioner bottle, the soap bottle, and now the tubes of toothpaste.  So, yeah...this could totally have been her.

BUT
It wasn't. It wasn't any of my children at all.
IT.  Was.  Me.

YEP,  I'm the guilty party.  I was just shaking my favorite bottle of polish around to put a coat on the toesies when the slippery glass bottle fell right out of my hands, landed on the glass scale and shattered all over the place.  Leaving the art work on the wall, scale and floor.  I just stared for a minute and shook my head.  Did I seriously just do that?  Getting it off the floor and scale really wasn't that big of a deal.  Nail polish remover.  But, not the wall.  If you look to the right of the pic you will see a little bit of lighter, smudged looking color.  That was my attempt at using the remover on the wall.  Ummm...it takes the paint off.

So, now I'm stuck.  Not sure what I should do.  Looks like I might be picking out a new paint color for the bathroom.  Sigh.  (and a little giggle.)

2 comments:

Carlie K said...

If you have your paint color I might try to just paint over it, or, it look like the beautiful base of an artsy fartsy tree, add some leaves and call it good!

RR said...

I love a good home project!! I'd love to help paint, it's so soothing!

Homes are made to be lived in..Greg has to remind me all the time he doesn't want to live in a museum. I hate mess!