Wednesday, June 8, 2011



HIGH 5!!


 Miss Jillian finally turned 5.  She went to the dentist a few days before her birthday and they asked her how old she was.  She answered with a very confident "I'm 4 and 8 quarters!"  And no one could tell her any different.

Her birthday landed on Memorial Day this year and was a bash full of lots of family and a big 'ol BBQ!  Thankfully the weather held out and was a pretty decent day for running all over the property and getting dirty.  Which, Jillian does extremely well.

I think by the stories I have shared about this little one, you have a good idea of who she is.  I am constantly blown away by her whit and sass. She is so theatrical and wouldn't surprise me at all if she tries out for plays and things when she's older.  A part of me wants to take her to auditions for commercials or something.  She has the personality of 4 people sometimes.  And I love everyone of them. 
 If there is any sort of reflecting surface...she is staring at herself, talking, acting, and posing.  Her favorite is the mixing bowl of my Kitchen Aid.  Man, what am I in for with her??
 She wanted a fruit roll up cake at first.  But then she said she wanted a volcano cake.  I went with the easier of the two and ended up with this thing.  I'm not really sure what to call it.  But Jillian was very disappointed about it not erupting.  Just couldn't pull it off.  It was a pretty enormous cake with 3 full layers and cream cheese pudding in between them.  Besides one of the cakes have a little extra oil in the mix, this monster tasted pretty good.  So...looks can be deceiving.

She is way excited to go to kindergarten next year and is very proud that she is 'older.'  I am enjoying watching her grow and change.  There is so much of how she is right now that I hope she keeps as the years pass.  I think she is pretty dang beautiful and I am so thankful that she is happy and healthy!  In one of the very first blog posts I did, I talked about her.  I described how she is the spark of the family...but hoped she wasn't the kind of spark that would set the house on fire.  So far...so good!!

5 comments:

Ali said...

Love that smile of hers in the last picture!
Good job on that cake. It's beautiful and I love how you twisted the fruit roll up, she also has my all time favorite (store bought) frosting on there. I can eat that stuff straight from the can.

BJ Barnes said...

She is a real treasure!! I happen to think each one of your kids are!! :)

Jaimie said...

So dang cute!! Looks like an all around fun, fantabulous day! Awesome job!

RR said...

oh jilly..love her.

I was watching home videos I made with your kids..Payton and Savannah didn't care to much I had the camera but Jillian kept saying Rachel over here..watch this, in the background.

It was really cute.

AJ said...

She is so stinkin cute!