Friday, November 4, 2011

A VERY LONG ROAD...show
October 22, 2011

This year our stake had a Road Show.  That's where every ward has to come up with an original 15 minute play and then perform it for the entire stake.  Oh, and it's a competition!  For some odd reason, I got myself all caught up in it...ended up writing the script and helping direct!  I think I'll think twice about that next time around.
I tried to get as many people in the ward to participate as I could.  Of course that meant my children.  They were thrilled to be a part of it.
The title of ours was "Dot and the Seven Seekers."  We had a theme that we had to base the play on.  That happened to be the 13th Article of Faith.

The girls were part of the 'Mini's' and Payton ended up taking on the roll of a Triple D (he was Disobedience).  They were so stinkin cute and enthusiastic!  I think I might have some thespians in this little family of mine.  The audience LOVED the hair-do's!

Jillian among some other Mini's.

Isabelle...that hair was pretty impressive!!
We used small water bottles!

Payton with the other Triple D's and their followers. 


The lady that was taking pictures for me didn't get a straight on shot of Savannah...so this is as good as it gets for her.  You can almost see her behind Izzy's hair!

It was fun to be a part of.  Lots of work and time, but fun.  Unfortunately we didn't win the big prize, but everyone had a blast!  And that's all that really matters...at least that's what I keep telling myself!

2 comments:

Jaimie said...

Oh my goodness! Just when I think you couldn't possibly add any more to your plate!! Sheesh!! Awesome job!! So glad the kids had fun! Hopefully you had some along the way too! :o)

Kathy said...

What? You didn't win? I thought yours was the best! We left before it was over (left about 7:00) so didn't see all your competition I guess.