Monday, October 11, 2010

"He's gonna be a soccer player...he is...he is!!"
~Billy Madison~

You know those annoying parents that are on the side-lines yelling and screaming at their kids and how you wish they would just calm down and relax and stop making such a scene??  Yeah...that's me and Doug!!
Don't worry, we aren't yelling or screaming out of anger...it's pure excitement and encouragement.  It's hard to not do it.  People have been pretty surprised to see 'laid-back, cool guy, Doug' yell so loud.  They thinks it's pretty funny.  We have calmed down a little since the first few games.  But only a little.

This is our first year of soccer, and we are loving it.  Payton and Savannah have great schedules that have been super easy to work with.



Payton really loves this game.  In most sports and activities that he does, he hasn't been very aggressive and loosing hasn't seemed to bother him too much.  This time it's different.  He is getting more aggressive (still not aggressive enough for his crazy parents) and he really gets effected when he does something wrong in a game.  He plays goalie a lot...and when the other team scores on him, he is not a happy goalie!!  Since this is his first year, he is still has a lot to learn about dribbling and positions.  But he really is doing a fantastic job.  I love seeing him out there.





And then there's Savannah.  Ummm...yeah, she's pretty much a natural.  This girl is a little short for her age, but man, can she move those little legs of hers.  She really gets aggressive and isn't afraid to kick like mad and throw a few elbows!!  Her games are less intense than Payton's and they really are out there having a great time.  But does that keep us from being the annoyingly loud and obnoxious parents??  Nope, sure doesn't!! 

(Hair ribbons courtesy of Veronica!)



So, I'm thinkin' that I dig soccer!! I am a proud momma of Payton and Savannah.  I will absolutely be encouraging my little soccer players to sign up again next year.  And I have a feeling that we will only be louder!!


8 comments:

Melia Hunt said...

Great post! But I can't see Doug OR you yelling at the sidelines. Makes me wonder what I'll be like when my girls are in sports.
P.S. I'm glad you're enjoying being a "soccer mom" :)

~ My 3 sOnS ~ said...

I love soccer!! Im so glad Adam and I arent the only parents who yell at our kids out of pure excitement:)

Susie Q said...

I am so glad you LOVE soccer. It is by far my favorite sport. After my kids have tried baseball, basketball, wrestling and volleyball we have found that soccer is the sport they absolutly love! I bet Savannah is a cutie on the field:)

RR said...

I'm so excited for Savannah!

I'll have to come to a game!

Rene said...

Soccer ROCKS! It's our favorite! I'm glad you're loving it!

AJ said...

Glad that you are enjoying it. We have been doing baseball for 8 years now and there is nothing better than watching you kid out there having a great time and playing. It also runs off a lot of their energy. Which any mom will love.

Jaimie said...

Yeah!! Go Payton....Go Savannah!! How fun!! :o)

Heidi said...

We love soccer too! :0) I'm looking forward to the season being over though. Can you imagine what it's gonna be like when all 4 kids are in sports?? Craziness.