Monday, October 25, 2010

CLARISSA the CONQUEROR 

I dub myself that today because I conquered something that has been weighing heavily on my floors for several months now, and that is no exaggeration. 5 (over flowing) baskets of clean laundry have been sitting there...haunting my dreams...crying out "just put us away!!" for 3 or so months now. It has tormented me every day, but there was always something else that was more important to do, like exercise and catch up on all the shows I am missing on hulu.  The guilt stared me in the face, every time someone had to dig through those baskets to find something to wear.  It got even worse when my husband came home and told me that he had had a conversation with a lady about laundry that day and he had told her that he and the kids practically live out of laundry baskets.  REALITY CHECK!!  Well, today was the day.  I put every single article of clothing in its proper place, and my heart and floors are singing 'Aleluha!'  I forgot that we even had some of those clothes.  It's quite pathetic, I know.  But laundry is just something that I totally stink at keeping up with.  Some people rock at it...get out every stain...have every item of clothing organized...fold and put away each load as soon as it's out of the dryer.  Oh, how I envy those with such talent.  Sometimes I keep up...wait, no.  That actually only happens when my mom is here taking care of me and the house just after I have had a baby.  It's almost magic really, when she is here.  We put a piece of clothing in the dirty laundry and then it reappears in our drawers or closets almost instantly.  It's a beautiful thing.  I just don't do that.
I will say though that I took a load out of the dryer after putting all the other clothes away and folded it and put it away right then and there.  YAY ME!!   Doing this today, I did realize something.  WE. Have. Too. Many. Clothes!! 

So, my accomplishment of the day...I conquered the baskets of laundry.  Sounds so small and silly.  But I'm proud of myself and I will take even the small victories in life.  And I do consider this a victory.

6 comments:

Heidi said...

Wow... that must feel amazing! Wanna come do mine now??? ;0) Our laundry room is getting out of control again. You're definitely not the only one who struggles with laundry, that's for sure!

Ali said...

Congrats! What a great feeling it is to finally get such a huge thing off your to do list. I'll pat myself on the back and say I am one of those who do laundry beautifully - every Monday, and it's put away before wrinkles can happen. I'm only tooting my own horn on that because I lack in so many other talents....like clutter. You live out of your laundry baskets and I throw piles of clutter into bags in the bottom of the pantry until it's all expired and I can throw it away with no guilt. :)

Jaimie said...

Yeah!! That is HUGE! I say that because I have the same issue!!
Mine is just as bad because Dan has enough HE sometimes puts it away. How am I supposed to be a good example and have my kids put their clothes away, when I have a hard enough time doing it myself!

YOU ROCK!!

BJ Barnes said...

Don't you just love the little victories in life!!? :)
It's so satisfying to accomplish goals and get those annoying monkeys (we all have) off our backs! :)
Way to go, Clarissa!!! :)

~ My 3 sOnS ~ said...

UGH I hate laundry too!! Good for you gor setting it all done:)

RR said...

Nice work mama!