Monday, January 14, 2013

friday night i had a moment with my children.  it was simple.  but significant.  it was almost bedtime and i had run out and got us some ice cream.  tillamook mudslide and chocolate peanut butter.  i sat on the kitchen floor to share mine with vivi.  then one by one, the other kids left their chairs and joined me on the cold tile floor.  savannah, then izzy, jillian and then payton.  we just sat.  together. we talked and savored the deliciousness and giggled at vivi traveling to everyone for a bite.  in that moment my parental mistakes of the day disappeard.  my stress over doug being gone all week faded and i just breathed in the moment. a moment too precious to leave to get my camera.

4 comments:

BJ Barnes said...

I love your family! :) Thanks for sharing that beautiful moment! :)

Marie said...

Heavenly Father trusts us with these kiddos for a reason. You are a good mommy!!!! Love you!!!!

Carlie K said...

And then a child threw up the next day and the whole family got the stomach flu......ok, not for you but that so would have happened to me.

Jaimie said...

What a great way to end the day!! Love it!!