Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Grandma Iris...the Rock Star

My mom flew in a week after Vivienne was born.  The kids were doped up with anticipation.  We picked her up from the Portland airport and started her visit off with the delectable food of IHOP.  It's always fun trying to negotiate where to eat dinner that will satisfy the taste buds of 4 very different tongues.


My mom's time was fought over by some attention starved children.  They were all so excited to have Grandma Iris here!  She really was like a rock star.  She played legos, barbies, painted fingernails, giggled and snuggled.  The kids ate. it. up!





Besides going to town a few times, we really didn't do a whole lot.  I mean, I did just have a baby it's not like I was up for mall walking or sky diving.  So, we hung out at the house a lot and my mom did laundry.  Which I'm sure was just as thrilling to her as finding some amazing clothes on clearance or jumping out of a plane. 
But we did have a finale to her visit on her last night here.
What is there to do as a family in Chehalis/Centralia on a Friday night that doesn't cost a fortune?
BOWLING!




I'll have to tell you, it was so fun to see my mom bowling.  It was even more fun to watch the kids.  They had a blast and were so awesome with their enthusiasm and helping each other.  When we were leaving, the lady that works there said that I had a lovely family and my kids are very well behaved!  Thank goodness she saw them on a good night!  ;)





After our record breaking scoring at Centralia Bowl, we again, tried to satisfy everyones different appetites.  We settled on Happy Teriyaki.  And then ended our night at Baskin Robins!
Bowling, dinner and ice cream...enough excitement to make up for the rest of the week.



Saturday came quickly and it was time to make the trip back to the airport.  The kids did not want to see their grandma leave (of course, neither did I) and some tears were shed.  We all loved having our rock star here for the week. 


Thank you, mom for all your help!  We love you!

6 comments:

Joel and Crystal said...

LOVE the pictures! So nice to have Grandma around!

Rachael said...

I love the pictures, they melt my heart and make me miss my Mamma! Your kids are adorable. Hope you are doing fantastic!

Ali said...

Moms are the best! You do have a lovely family.

BJ Barnes said...

Wonderful, touching, photos!! :) I felt the excitement of, and the let down after, Grandma's visit! So glad she was able to visit! :) Parting of dear ones is such sweet sorrow. Love to you all! :)

Jaimie said...

That is so awesome!! Love the pics!!
Makes me miss having my mom around. Enjoy the time you have!!
Thanks for sharing!!

RR said...

Everytime I read your blog..TEARS!
How wonderful to have your mom visit!

Hang in there sis.."you are laying the foundation of a great work"
D&C 64:33

weary is my new fav word..ha!