Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Sound to Narrows 12K
Me, Brook, Traci, Heidi and Rachel

  Yes people...I'm updating my blog.  I started with one from a few months back (scroll down.)  But then I decided to post something recent.  This past Saturday I did the Sound to Narrows 12K again.  I did it last year, and it was my first official race while training for the half marathon.  Although I didn't run it this year, it was definitely more enjoyable cause I walked it with some of my ladies!!!  The weather was absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!  Traci and Brook were 'race virgin's'.  The pic up top is them holding their fingers in a 'V' for that reason.  We had such a fantastic time.  It is a very hilly course.  Traci has been training for it and swore up and down that she was not going to run...BUT SHE DID!!  She must have caught the bug cause she jogged at a couple of different spots.  One being the most difficult incline of the entire race!!  She rocked it.  Speaking of 'rocking it.'  There was a pretty cool band at one part of the course.  I was challenged to get up on stage and sing with them.  I accepted the challenge and belted out "I Saw Her Standing There" with the lead guy.  I probably looked a fool...but it was worth it.
We finished in pretty good time....but the point is that we finished!! I can't wait to see the pics that were taken of us on the course.  You know we all posed and smiled pretty for those camera men!
When we finished we headed back to the car.  There was a couple just sitting on the sidewalk.  We found out that they had locked their keys in the car and we offered them a ride. (That's the couple in the little pic below). I hope we didn't scare poor James and Eileen.  We are a pretty crazy group of girls.
I will just say again, that I had a marvelous time...simply marvelous.  I can't wait for the next one.  Thanks ladies for making it such a great experience.  LOVE YOU GIRLS!!!

P.S.  Rachel made us all these little goodie bags stuffed full of things (trail mix and gummy bears...) and complete with tin initials of each of our names.  So fabulous!!  Rach...you rock!!

ALL DONE, BABY!!

3 comments:

RR said...

love the update..

love the blog! I'm glad to be getting the gifford updates again!

Unknown said...

I loved that day! My hips are finally not sore anymore! Yay. Cute pics. I stole a couple since I didn't have a camera. :-)

I can't wait for the next one...chedder challenge? It's July 10th :-) Okay.

THANKS FOR UPDATING FINALLY! I've been waiting only like FOREVER!

Ali said...

Sounds like lots of fun. I would have loved to see you up there singing with the band!