Tuesday, May 4, 2010

THE DIFFERENCE OF 1 NUMBER...
~
OK...I know that I have so much blogging to catch up on. Look for back blogs coming soon. But I wanted to tell this funny little story.
The other day I needed to get a hold of a friend of mine, ASHLEY RICKS. I was on the road and for some reason didn't have her number in my cell (or so I thought. It was under her last name, not her first.) Anyway, I texted my friend, Susie for the number. She sent it to me and I dialed away. This is how the conversation went.
Ashley: "Hello"
Me: "Hello. Ashley?"
Ashley: "Yeah"
Me: "Hey, this is Clarissa. Are you ok? You sound really different."
Ashely: "Yeah, I'm fine."
Me: "Is something wrong?"
Ashley: "Nooooo..."
Me: "Are you sure? You just sound so different. Oh, are you still sick?"
Ashley: "No, I'm just getting over it. I'm fine now."
Me: "Well, I won't bother you. I forgot that you haven't been feeling well."
Ashley: "No, it's fine. Wait...Clarissa who?"
Me: "What? This is Ashley, right?"
Ashley: "Yeah."
Me: "Ashley, what's your last name?"
Ashley: "Morrison" (or something like that)
Me: "Wow...I'm sorry. I have the wrong number."
I hung up the phone and Doug was totally laughing at me. He was like "You just had a conversation with a girl named Ashley, but it wasn't the Ashley you were wanting. How weird is that? I texted Susie and said that it was the wrong number. Apparently she had been super busy when I asked and just accidentally gave me the wrong number... just one number off. What are the odds of me dialing a number looking for Ashley (who had been sick) and getting Ashely but not the Ashley I was looking for???? Strange I tell ya. Strange.

6 comments:

BJ Barnes said...

Too funny!! :)
I'm glad to see a new post on your blog. I've been missing your updates! Any chance you'll be doing a follow up post on "the boys"? I know they're no longer with you and would love to hear more about it and how you're doing. :)

Ali said...

That's is too strange. I'll look forward to seeing posts of the past.

Susie Q said...

Accident?? Or intentional sabotage??? You will never know :)

Jaimie said...

That is hilarious!!

janine said...

Hi! I found your blog on facebook....hope you don't mind:) I"m a blogger too and it's how I keep track of everyone. So check out ours too. It was really good to visit with you guys! Hopefully, we can do it again!

RR said...

Does this thing still have the same password I started??

I may have to throw a post up here!