Saturday, July 18, 2009

Too MAD for Pictures!
I have spent the last couple of days getting things ready for girls camp. With that being so much of a distraction, the kids have kind of gone all 'Lord of the Flies' on me. OK...so it hasn't been that bad. BUT.....
The day before yesterday I spent about 45 minutes scrubbing RED MARKER off of the light tan leather couch thanks to Isabelle. Then Jillian decided that she would help me decorate, with puff paints, the banner for girls camp I had laid out on the living room floor to dry. She had a good talking to and the banner just has a little extra flair to it. It could have been worse. This was on top of her pouring half of the bottle of conditioner on her head while in the bath. But today...oh today. She barely escaped with her life.
I was working on the YW banner...again, when she came and told me that she had gotten paint all over her foot. I stopped immediately, and interrogated her. I found out that she had painted herself ALONG WITH MY COUCH! And there were little smears of yellow paint throughout the carpet where she had stepped. I was livid! I won't even tell you what happened to her, but she was in trouble!! I threw her in the shower and was thinking the whole time....man I didn't take any pictures of this for my blog, but I didn't really care too much. I was too mad for pictures!
P.S. Just to let you all know, we got the paint out of the couch and carpet....lucky for Jillian!

8 comments:

BJ Barnes said...

Some days are just this way!
Try as we may! :) ...
That's when I say, ...
Tomorrow's another day! :)

So glad to hear you were able to undo the damage! :)
When Cal was little he watched his Dad and I painting the exterier of the house. Unknown to us he'd decided to help! He started painting the car so it could match the new paint on the house! :) It made good sense to him so he was surprised to see the shocked looked on our faces and the mad dash to get it removed! :)
Later you'll look back and smile!:)

Susie Q said...

When Jillian came walking up all happy and bouncing to the party I turned to Heidi and said that girl looks like trouble! That was before I found out about the paint. Oh Jillian, she will be the cause of many gray hairs and wrinkles!

Heidi said...

Man! I was hoping for pictures! ;0) Glad to hear you got all the paint out though... maybe she'll be extra good next week, so you don't have to come home Friday to any surprises!

RR said...

we need nannys, we do..I mean who can watch their children all day..I have projects too. Where is your girls camp? Our stake has girls camp next week too.

Unknown said...

I'm liking Rachel's suggestion....a nanny. Lol. So if you didn't see one of my previous blog posts...it's this awesome stuff that totally takes out ink, pain, marker, crayons.....you should pick some up at Home Depot. I'm tellin ya! Works like a charm in like a minute!

I'm sooooo glad Jillian survived through it all...and you too my friend!

Rene said...

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your stories! Your kids crack me up! Have a great time at girls camp! Give my sweet girl a hug for me in the middle of the week!
oh, and stir with a LONG stick!! LOL GRRRRROOOSSSSS!!!!!

Ali said...

Is she going to chained up somewhere while you're away at Girls Camp?
I think she's about the age Ashlyn was when many a day she hardly escaped with her life as well...oh these children!
Have a good time at Girls Camp!!! It should be a nice break for you.

Ali said...
This comment has been removed by the author.