Wednesday, August 20, 2008

BRICK BY BRICK!

This has been a project for the last couple of months...and it's finally finished!! After the mud, the digging, the pounding, the broken water pipe, the cut phone line and SEVERAL trips to Lowe's, it's done. And, we absolutely love it. It really has changed the look of our house. We can entertain out here and just hang out on those nice summer nights (that seem to have disappeared for a while.) We are debating just turning the entire side yard into a patio and then continuing another section onto the back of the house. That won't happen until next year though. I really appreciate all the help we received from family and friends. But most of all I appreciate all the hard work my husband put into it. He worked his tail off trying to have it all ready and things cleaned up for Payton's party on Saturday...and he pulled it off. Thanks, honey!

3 comments:

RR said...

clarissa,
The patio looks awesome seriously. Did you take a before and after picture?? I can't remember what it looked like now. payton is such a little cutie. I love those eyes. I need a blue eyed baby. I will keep trying until I get one..SIKE!! Remember SIKE? Lets bring it back. I haven't hung with my clare bear for weeks. Miss you. Rachel

Clarissa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I finally am here looking at your blog! The patio looks great...I could use some of that influence on my landscaping (it's nothing to write home to mom about)....and just in case you can't figure out who this is...it's Brook from Adna!