Friday, September 21, 2012

Dressed To Impress

I have to admit that I steal a lot of other peoples ideas. So when I read on nieniedialouges blog how she does an end of summer dinner for her kids, I was a big 'ol thief! She does it better, and even picks out a family theme for the school year. Mmm...maybe we'll do that next year.
I actually put some thought and time into this little shin dig. I made candle holders and an apothecary jar (made from an old candelabra and an Adams peanut butter jar) for the table decorations and even baked 2...yes 2, yummy deserts! I gave the kids an invitation and said they should dress to impress! Hey, I didn't want this to be any ordinary dinner! The girls were more excited about that part, and even did each others hair and make-up! I decorated the side yard with twinkle lights and banners that I had made for something else (which have come in quite handy), got some fresh flowers from up the road and even brought out the stemware!
I asked my personal chef (my husband) to make his fabulous homemade pizza that the kids L O V E. Add to that, salad, fresh fruit and 2 crazy rich desserts I found on Pinterest, and you've got a dinner fit for my kids!








I don't mean to brag, but my guests were very impressed! Pretty easy to do...but still. I'm glad it put cheesy grins on their faces.












We stayed out there till late and got to really enjoy the lights.
This was so much fun. The kids have begged me to do it every year from now on. I think, yes!!

7 comments:

BJ Barnes said...

What an exceptional idea!!! :) Love it!!! Maybe sometime I'll do something like that and use the idea too! :)

Jaimie said...

That is awesome!! Great job!! No need to give credit to others!! YOU did it!! :o)
You're awesome!!!

RR said...

Love the decor..
What a fun idea!

RR said...

Love the decor..
What a fun idea!

RR said...

Love the decor..
What a fun idea!

RR said...

Love the decor..
What a fun idea!

RR said...

Love the decor..
What a fun idea!