Sunday, April 29, 2012

.a happy easter.

I can't remember an Easter when the weather was as beautiful as it was this year.  At the risk of sounding a little silly, I'd say it was glorious.  So it was a little frustrating waking up to the sunshine having had a fever filled night (me and Viv) and not knowing if I would make it to church.  But in the middle of night during my cold chills and shaking, I begged Heavenly Father to help me and Vivienne feel better so I could enjoy this spiritual holiday at church, with my family.  And glory be, it happened!  Wasn't 100 % but good enough. 

The girls had been waiting months to wear their dresses.  I picked them up at Costco for 17 bucks a while back and forbid the girls to put them on until Easter Sunday.  Because of the built anticipation they were even more excited to slip the lovely light blue dresses on. 

After a great morning at Church, we came home to just relax.  I decided to take advantage of the non raining day and snapped a few pictures of the kids.  Thankfully I got several good ones before they grew tired of it!















We had gotten together with the 'local' family the day before and did a fun brunch and egg hunt, so it was just us on Sunday.  Doug did a great job with dinner and we spent the rest of the evening just being together.  It was pretty quiet and laid back...and yes, glorious!

5 comments:

Joel said...

Cute kids!

Carlie K said...

Good mama! No more fevers!

RR said...

Greg keeps saying, "man, that isabell is so chill."

isn't that so funny..can we have her? btw..most people would feel funny going places with a man but kids seem to love G.

so good seeing you..it's like soul food!

Jaimie said...

So glad you got to feeling better enough to have a great day with your beautiful fan!! Great pics! Sounds like a perfect Easter!!

RR said...

I need to come see you soon.
I'm painting the down stairs tomorrow. Are you busy next week?