Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Tree Time

Last year we were very blessed to have one of my lovely friends deliver our Christmas tree.  We probably wouldn't have had one otherwise.
This year I am a little more anxious than usual to get decorations and all things Christmas going.  I think it's because I couldn't last year. 
We took the kids out of school a bit early on Monday (which they were ecstatic about) to go searching for the perfect tree.  I love living out where we do, because there is a tree farm at almost every corner. This year we tried a new place just about 3 miles down the road from us.  There we met a lovely lady named Sharon and we took ourselves through her picturesque property complete with a log house and a little bridge over a small creek.  Once you start to look at all the trees they tend to start looking very similar.

Savannah spotted this one.  We looked at several others just to be sure and then came back to it.


My little lovies!!!



Everyone insisted on helping carry this beauty to the car.  I love when they want to be so helpful! 
Sharon (the lady in the back) also makes pretty incredible live wreaths.  I saw a gigantic one and asked how much.  Only 30 bucks!  I snatched it up.  So, if you drive by my house, look at the front porch where it is hanging!  I love it! 

Our FHE activity was, of course, decorating this Fraser tree.  We usually go with a Douglas fir, but this turned out perfect for us.  I think Sharon will have some returning customers next year!!

3 comments:

BJ Barnes said...

Love the tree!! It's Gorgeous!!! :)
We have a similar family tree farm we go to each year, that is now tradition for us, and part of our festivities! :) Gotta' love living in our beautiful Northwest WA! :)

RR said...

Noble fir??
She's a beauty!!
What a wonderful family tradition.

neecy said...

Look at Payton loving on his sisters!! What a sweetie.