Saturday, December 5, 2009

~TREE HUNTING~
I can't believe it's that time of year again. We loaded in our truck and went to the same tree farm we found last year. It's located just off of Jackson Hwy, but I can't think of the name of the road. The people that own it are so so nice. They cut your tree for you, load it up on their trailer pulled by a four wheeler and then load it in your vehicle. AND the tree, is only $10!! I do have to say, that their selection of Douglas Fir's is VERY slim. They have plenty of Nobles if that is what you like though. We ended up choosing the one behind us in the picture. We had to come a ways in front of it though because of the beautiful sun that was shining!

This is the biggest tree we have ever had. It was about 11 feet when we bought it and now it is about 9. (We had to be able to fit it in our house, we weren't trying to outdo the Griswold's or anything.) So, this year we are trying it out in our Family Room instead of the Living Room because the ceiling is much higher. I will post pictures when it is decorated so you all can bask in it's glory!
~
Oh, and just a little side note. The Christmas lights that were left on the house since last year... still work! Wow, that sounded a little red-neckish.

10 comments:

Ali said...

Beautiful! I can't wait to get ours. We're so busy I think we're taking the kids out of school to do it. Yikes!

Unknown said...

You are too funny! I always wonderabout the people that keep their lights up year round...haha!

Love your tree. I miss having a real tree (matt's allergies...).

Unknown said...

You are too funny! I always wonderabout the people that keep their lights up year round...haha!

Love your tree. I miss having a real tree (matt's allergies...).

BJ Barnes said...

Your tree looks beautiful! :) I can't wait to see it decorated! :)

Michelle said...

I love your tree! It looks like you had a great family outing. I broke down last year and bought a fake on:-( I really miss the smell of a real tree wish we still lived in the PNW with all the amazing Christmas Trees

RR said...

looks like an awesome tree. I love the smell. The Noble Firs are so pretty!

Susie Q said...

Thats one big tree. Im suprised you didnt get one for each room, one for your decorations and one for all the homemade ones! Thats what I woudl like to do someday:)

Stacie said...

We got our tree there last year too :) I can't wait to see it decorated. I'm glad your lights still work. Let us know if you want us to come over and change out some bulbs or add more. We'd love to do it.

Rene said...

I wish we had left our lights on all year... I think that's the only way I would have them this year. They STILL aren't on my house and Christmas is coming up soon. It's not looking good....

The Shelton's said...

Love your tree. It makes me kinda sad that I don't get to get out any of my Christmas stuff this year because it's all in storage. Maybe I can come and decorate yours?!