Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Really love your PEACHES want to shake your TREE!!


That's right, people!! Our peaches are ripe and ready to savour. We actually waited a little too long, because we lost a lot of them to the ground and greedy little insects.
We are so very excited to have them this year. This little tree hasn't produced it's white, freestone, peaches since the first summer we were here. That was five years ago!!
We had a FHE picking activity last night. I was literally up in the tree shaking off some of the ones I couldn't reach! We rewarded our work with warm peach slices over vanilla ice cream! DELICIOUS!

4 comments:

Ali said...

Lucky you! Those look so yummy. Are you canning them?

Heidi said...

Oooh, those look AWESOME!! I can't wait to try one!! ;0)

Susie Q said...

Wow, what a good crop! I know you are excited because I have been hearing about these peaches for five years. They look yummy enough to temp me to pop over and steal a few!!!

BJ Barnes said...

Those peaches look soooo tastey!!
I love your caption with this post! Now I can hear that song in my head! :)